Sunday, August 20, 2006

My Dream Come True

Before I left for Germany, I had a dream where I arrived at my host family’s house only to learn that they didn’t speak German, only English. Well it turns out that that was quite a silly dream, because after hauling around 100 pounds of my clothes around all of Germany, I arrived in Jüterbog via a train from Berlin. I hopped of the train, which was quite a feat considering the weight I was carrying (all in a day’s work for Recycle Man, sorry, I couldn’t resist…I tried), to meet my boss, the preacher I would be working with, and my host family. After hasty German introductions which I wrote off as a formality, we carted our things to the cars to head to the family’s houses for a week. I had just settled in the back seat and put my seatbelt on when my host mother asked me a question. I didn’t hear her well so I asked her to repeat it, to which she gave a puzzled look. It was then that I realized that instead of only speaking English, my host family only spoke German.

4 Comments:

At 10:56 PM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keith, I'm glad to hear that you're alive and well. I love you man. Take care and learn lots of German.
-Jared

 
At 9:59 PM GMT+2, Blogger Maria said...

when I first read this title I was worried that your dream actually did come true and you would not be very happy....so glad that is not the case!

Louisville misses you

 
At 11:48 AM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wohnst du bei die familie noch? oder seit du und gary schon in der WG gegangen? und wie geht's dein deutsch?

wir sehen uns in september bei unser konferenz. ich glaube dass ich ein thanksgiving party hier auf thomashof haben will. für alle die deutsche/schwiezer trainees.

 
At 1:59 AM GMT+2, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey...its dan, one of the guys you replaced...tell everyone i said hi, and i wish you the best over there...its an amazing place...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home