Monday, October 16, 2006

A Case Of the Mondays ??

So today has been one of the oddest I've experienced thus far, perhaps in my life. No particular reason, just I've felt weird all day, can't put my finger on it. I know I feel generally tired, and I know that I spent a majority of my day in my room alone, and I know I ate some over greasy 'Hähnchen Curry' which was in no stretch of the imagination spicy in any way, shape, or form. I also know that after forgetting to plan my lesson I gave one of the best English lessons to date, a stroke of luck really. But everything has just felt odd since I went to bed last night. For starters I tossed and turned for a good three hours, after going to bed at 11:30. The sleep I did get was full of oddly realistic dreams, but I don't remember much about them except for there being a rock in one of them...a big rock.

All that aside it was a pretty good Monday. The bus rides were a bit noisey but my acheing head survived them. I got to school in time to realize that today I did have to teach a class by myself (I had previously assured myself that Monday's were the days I was free), so I frantically looked for something to teach. Inspiration came at the last moment, litereally. I was in front of the kids and halfway through reviewing Animals. I taught about 'My Room' and it went off without a hitch, in fact it went of with a counter hitch, being that the teacher helped me out by letting me write the words out on the board (something previously discouraged of me by other teachers) hopefully it will help the kids memorize the words better. Then we sang Old MacDonald.
After that peice of glory I made my way to the Lerherzimmer (teacher's lounge) where I found a spread of free food which could only mean it was someone's birthday. So free lunch. Another good suprise was that one of the teachers had bought me a present over the break: A book by her favorite author. I started it today, and it is about the cold, and there is a rock in it, a big rock. Weird huh. At first I thought it was going to be a poorly writen book, but then I found out it was originally written in Swedish, so I realized some of it wouldn't translate properly. So it just earned alot of cool points for being from a country I would like to visit. Plus it was a present. It was nice to feel appriciated and accepted, so I tried to talk to her in German, it went allright because she knew what I was trying to say, and helped me along.

Yesterday was also an interesting day. We met a Canadian couple at church. They gave us their contact info in case we ever wanted to Mennonite our way through Canada. They were nice and quite talkative if you got them going. And we were pretty sure they knew Pennsylvania Dutch. Then we said goodbye to the folks from Espelkamp. In the afternoon we went for Kaffee und Kuchen to Ina's. Ina is one of our bosses, well so to speak, well she at least works with the Diakonie and we talk to her somewhat regurlarly. So we met her family, and then went on a walk where we saw Wild Boars and Osteriches. Okay so it was an Osterich farm, but still pretty cool, and good practice in speaking German. One of the Ostriches, though, let out a bucket of relevation right in front of us, which was not the best sight to ever blind my eyes.

1 Comments:

At 10:52 PM GMT+2, Blogger LT said...

I couldn't pass this up. I too have had very active dreams, the kind that almost makes your sleep unrestful. :) No interpretation of actually "being a rock" but...

Rocks

To see rocks in your dream, signifies permanence and stability as expressed in the familiar phrase "as solid as a rock". It may also indicate that you are making a commitment to a relationship. Or you may be contemplating some changes in your life that will lay the groundwork for a more solid foundation. On the other hand rocks may also symbolize stubbornness, disharmony and unhappiness.

To dream that you are climbing a steep rock, signifies struggles, obstacles, and disappointments.

Stones

To see stones in your dream, symbolizes strength, unity, and unyielding beliefs. Consider the common phrase "etched in stone" which suggest permanence and unchanging attitudes. Some stones also carry sacred and magical meanings. Alternatively, stones may relate to issues of moral judgment and/or guilt.

To dream that you are carrying a bag of stones, refers to your inner strength and fortitude that you have yet to unleash and reveal to others.

To see rough stones in your dream, represents your quest in recognizing and developing your self-identity. Part of this quest is to become aware of your unconscious and suppressed thoughts.

For various cultures, stones have spiritual significance. Consider the Black Stone of Mecca which is believed by Muslims to allow for direct communication with God. For the Irish, the Blarney Stone is seen as a gift of eloquence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home